New Zealand · Bay of Plenty
- Site type
n/a0 Pilots on site*
- hikenfly · soaring · thermalling
- Land on the reserve next to the Whakatane river right in front of launch - better options available toward the south of the reserve. No top land available at carpark due severe turbulence, despite large grassy area. Top land at launch for smartass gurus only - put your name here if you can do it. ;)
- This site is below the Instrument Approach to NZWK RWY 27. Maintain 1000ft vertical and 1 NM horizontal separation from cloud. Maintain a good outlook for traffic when above 1000FT.
- Getting there
- You need two vehicles for this site, as it's a substantial walk back to the top, and top-landings at the carpark are too dangerous.
- Kohi Point Scenic Track, Whakatane 3120, New Zealand
- People to contact
* The status is an indication giving by pilots using the Parawait app. Do not rely solely on these - always check the conditions!