New Zealand · Bay of Plenty
- Site type
n/a0 Pilots on site*n/a0 Pilots on site*
- hikenfly · soaring · thermalling
- Top land, or easy landing on the large sandy beach near Marine Parade. Caution the substantial number of beach-goers during the high season in December to February, and one other fine weekends.
- No flying behind the tree line (norfolk pines) Absolutely no flying or landing close to people or crowds when the beach is busy. Make sure that you are carrying your pilot certificate with you and have evidence that your wings have had a current warrant of fitness inspection.
- Getting there
- It's a 40 minutes walk from the car park below.
- Unnamed Road, Mount Maunganui 3116, New Zealand
- People to contact
- YOU MUST CALL THE CONTROL TOWER at the airport and ask to activate G271. Tower: 118.3 123.4 129.2
* The status is an indication giving by pilots using the Parawait app. Do not rely solely on these - always check the conditions!